This page lists events relating to the UPIER project. Additional events are listed on our events calendar which can be viewed in the sidebar, or can be added to your calendar app via this link.
- 05-07.04.18 Business History Conference Annual Meeting May 10, 2017 - The 2018 Business History Conference Annual Meeting will take place in Baltimore, Maryland on April 5 – April 7, 2018. The theme of the 2018 Business History Conference meeting is Money, Finance, and Capital. Click here for further information on the conference and the Call for Papers.
- 19-23.06.17: World Congress of International Economics Association April 18, 2017 - On 21 June 2017 UPIER’s Project Leader Catherine Schenk will be speaking at the World Congress of International Economics Association meeting in Mexico City.
- 04-06.05.17: The State of the Union April 18, 2017 - On 4 May 2017, UPIER’s Project Leader Catherine Schenk will be speaking at “The State of the Union” meeting hosted by the European University Institute in Florence, Italy.
- 21-23.04.17: IMF Spring Meetings April 18, 2017 - On 21 April 2017 UPIER’s Project Leader Catherine Schenk will be speaking at the IMF Spring meetings in Washington DC. Topic: ‘50 Years After: The SDR’s Role in the International Monetary System’
- 30.11-01.12.17: The Memory of Financial Crises across the Waves of Globalisation April 17, 2017 - It is usually assumed that financial markets have a short memory: crises are quickly forgotten and excessive risk-taking replaces caution as new business and profit opportunities arise, with the conviction that ‘this time is different’, to use Reinhart’s and Rogoff’s formula. Surprisingly, economists and economic historians have paid little attention to memory in their attempts … Continue reading 30.11-01.12.17: The Memory of Financial Crises across the Waves of Globalisation
- UPIER’s Prof. Mary O’Sullivan gives talk on her recent book April 7, 2017 - Prof. Mary O’Sullivan, UPIER PI and WP1 lead, will be giving a talk on her recent book, which addresses some themes relevant to her UPIER research. The seminar hosted by the Max Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies (MaxPo). Further details can be found below.
- 07.11.2016: The Development of International Banking Regulation and Supervision since 1960: why has it failed? October 25, 2016 - 07 November 2016,17:30—19:00, Center for Financial Studies (CFS), Frankfurt Catherine R. Schenk, Professor of International Economic History at the University of Glasgow While there has been considerable commentary on the possible lessons from the Great Depression for coping with the 2007/8 crisis we don’t need to go back so far to identify earlier experiences of financial … Continue reading 07.11.2016: The Development of International Banking Regulation and Supervision since 1960: why has it failed?
- 03—04.04.2017: Economy and Society in Eastern & Central Europe Workshop in economic history and development October 24, 2016 - 3—4 April 2017, UCL School of Slavonic and East-European Studies (UCL-SSEES) London
- 04—07.04.2018: European Social Science History Conference (ESSHC) October 24, 2016 - 4—7 April 2018 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK Go to ESSHC 2018 for more information.